Noelle

Friday, February 10, 2012

Flashback Friday-Big Girl Job

Sorry that I haven't updated since last weeks Flashback Friday.  I promise I will actually start talking about that sweet baby of mine soon!

This weeks flashback is actually like 5 flashbacks all in one!

This is one of my good college friends.  I went to school in New York, and moved to Cincinnati right after I graduated.  I moved to Cinci for my first "big girl" job.  A few months later, my college friend also landed a job at the same place as me!  She still lives here, and has 2 kids of her own now, and is actually who exposed me to cloth diapers.  We haven't gotten together since Noelle arrived, but I just sent her a message on FB to get that going.  Anyway, this is us at a fancy schmancey fundraiser for the job.  I'm about 23 in this pic.  I am embarrased to say that I drank a tad bit too much on this night.  I didn't make a fool out of myself or anything, but I would not drink like that at a work related function today. 

This is also a little bit of a sad picture for me.  Working there was a dream for me, a few months after this picture I was promoted to a different position.  It was my dream job.  9 months after that, I lost the job (nothing to do with my over-intake of alcohol at that fundraiser-I promise.)  I was beyond devastated.  My whole life basically fell apart.  I am still very good friends with a lot of people I met there.  I thought I would need to relocate and start life all over. All that I had worked for was....gone.  It was seriously one of the worst things that ever happened to me.

Two days after my last day there, this guy from church called me.  This guy who I had been driving to church with.  I actually had told him about some of the troubles I was having at the job in the weeks prior to this phone call.  He asked me out to lunch, and I agreed.  I showed up in jeans, a fleece, and my hair raggedly pulled in a pony tail....I was in fairly rough shape and really didn't care.  We went to lunch and chatted....and then I realized that I was actually on a date with this guy.....ooops! I ended up staying in Cincinnati.  About 20 months after this date, I married this truly wonderful man.  I had no idea in those early days that he would be the man of my dreams.  And then, 3 years TO THE DAY of losing that job, the job I thought was everything.....I peed on a stick and learned that I was going to be having a baby.  It's been a pretty remarkable few years.  It sure is amazing how things change!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm glad your story had a happy ending! And I got hammered at a work function once, good thing my boss was way more drunk than me!

    ReplyDelete