Noelle

Friday, February 3, 2012

Flashback Friday-Adolescence

One of the bloggers I follow does a "Flashback Friday" for her blog.  I thought this was a great idea as a way to spark some inspiration for a blog topic.  So this week I'll talk a little about my long time friends, all of whom I met in junior high.


These girls are my best friends.  I am one of those rare people who had a fabulous adolescence....I'd go back in a heartbeat.  Not that I don't love my life now, I truly do, but I loved it then too.  I'm not exactly sure how old we were when this picture was taken.  I think it's possible that it was summer '02 after we graduated high school.  This brings back happy memories because we used to just drive around and hang out at "castle" playgrounds, swing on swings, and do whatever else we felt like. 

4 of the 5 of us (I'm not in the picture) are married now.  Two are pregnant, before I had Noelle 3 of us were pregnant at the same time! One already has a 1 year old.  I never would have thought back when I was 13 horsing around throwing food at each other at Friendly's after a school dance, that these would be the same girls that I had a few drinks with(not till I was 20, I wasn't a teen drinker), that I'd watch them get married, have babies, lose babies, still talk to on the phone for hours, get a tattoo with, and just experience so, so many significant life events with.  I can't wait to meet the new babies in May and July!

They have helped shape me as a person.  I hope that Noelle has the same experience as me as a teenager.  It's probably a long shot, but that is what I will pray for. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this, obviously :). And that is just too awesome that many of your close friends all will have babies the same age as Noelle!

    ReplyDelete